Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 08:31

Plan: Atkins Maintence with modifications
Stats: 182/150/150 Female 5ft 8 in
BF:36%/23%/22%
Progress: 100%
Default My cheat day worked I got a WHoosh!

I lost 2 pounds and 2 inches off my waist!!! WOW,I wouldnt do it again because it got me very sick with a headache and belly ache but I am happy with the results. So now maybe my weight lose will start to even out and not bounce around now. Since I am on pre-maintence I am not looking for fast weight lose but I do want the see the scale going down not up and down. Well I am just happy today!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 08:39

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

Congratulations on your whoosh! Yep, cheat days can sometimes jolt our system - but you have to be careful with them! Ooh, the scary thought of a cheat day expanding into a cheat week..........

Joan
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 09:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

Way to go!!

I had my first refeed day yesterday. I feel like poo today so I hope it was worth it!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 11:44
Registered Member

Stats: 187/176.5/145 Female 5 ' 5 "
BF:39%
Progress: 25%

I relaxed during vacation which started June 23rd. Just re-started Atkins yesterday--one cheat for me leads to another and another. I can stay away from pasta and bread, but those cookies just call to me. But you have done a great job ( ) so far. I hope I can continue to lose and stay with this WOL.
Lil
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 15:39

Stats: 200/160/140 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress: 67%

Deb what did you eat on your cheat day? How many carbs do you think you ingested?
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 20:53

On my cheat day I had Oat bran cereal,wheat bread,baked ziti and 2 pieces of birthday cake. Im not sure how many carbs that is.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 23:17

Stats: 199/196/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Can someone please explain this cheat day whoosh thing for me? I am confuzzled!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 02:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/150/140
BF:
Progress: 67%

I'm gonna say cheat day whoosh is a bucket of lies people feed themselves with when they've went off the diet. It's akin to claiming weight loss after tying free weights on their thighs.

Perhaps they've lost some water weight or lost net weight(lost weight + cheat gain). Either case, lies are even easier to swallow than cake.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 16:43

Stats: 180/159/135 Female 63 inches (five 3)
BF:5'3"
Progress: 47%

i've heard something about having a day of whole grain products can be advantageous, but i know too little to try it. i have heard though, that having some whole grains not only may give replenish some vitamins (though we're all supposed to be consuming supplements, i know)- and that the body, which has come to adjust itself to atkins, can begin to behave (metabolism-wise) as it did in the beginning of the atkins diet. as i said though, i have no clue of the validity of this, and i would think that potential trigger foods (pastas, sweets, etc) should be completely avoided. there's no sense being more difficult than neccessary on yourself. if anyone has any REAL information, please contribute. i'm gonna go look some of this stuff up, though i won't be trying it anytime soon.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 17:00

Plan: Modified Low Carb
Stats: 320/273.8/270 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by debmarjs
I lost 2 pounds and 2 inches off my waist!!! WOW,I wouldnt do it again because it got me very sick with a headache and belly ache but I am happy with the results. So now maybe my weight lose will start to even out and not bounce around now. Since I am on pre-maintence I am not looking for fast weight lose but I do want the see the scale going down not up and down. Well I am just happy today!!

I must be missing something. Your stats show you at 1 lb below your target...umm, could you run that by me again as to why you want to see the scale going down?
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 05:32

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 195/180/165 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Red face Take your smack elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatto
I'm gonna say cheat day whoosh is a bucket of lies people feed themselves with when they've went off the diet. It's akin to claiming weight loss after tying free weights on their thighs.

Perhaps they've lost some water weight or lost net weight(lost weight + cheat gain). Either case, lies are even easier to swallow than cake.

People here are trying hard, and you serve no purpose in slandering these folks. Get some words that are appropriate for the topic. I'll stop before I get real pissed.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 10:17

Look below my post it says second goal 140 before Sept. I adjusted my goal when I hit my orignal goal of 150 because I have a little bit more to lose in the tummy area. Also to the nasty poster,I have not cheated the whole time I have been on this woe. I cheated the one time out of convience and to see if it would get the scales moving again. Well it worked and it is not a lie! Dr Atkins even says its ok to have a cheat day once and awhile read the book! I have read all of his books and I read them over and over and I think my success tells you that. So dont come on this board flamming and being nasty to people who are here for support your just jealous because your scale isnt moving. Sorry but you just pissed me off.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 10:27

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 195/180/165 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

You tell him/her, girl!! OOPS, this person has no gender listed, so perhaps it is appropriate that the informaTION this person provided, is . . . er CONFUSING! WHOOSH AWAY!!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 11:35
Registered Member

Stats: 232/232/190 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have the opposite reaction to cheat meals then most people here, I think. I plan one meal every 3 weeks and I enjoy the heck out of it. I think without them, I couldn't stay on this diet. After the cheat I feel full and tired but man, I enjoy it going down and don't have any regrets or cravings afterwards. I check my ketones after I cheat to make sure I get back in Ketosis. I fall out only 1/2 the time and then it only takes about a day to get back on. My last cheat meal I did during a stall and I think it helped me jump start my system into losing weight again. Anyway, just my thoughts!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 12:39

Stats: 210/190/150 Male 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I don't know if I could do it, just seeing anything forbidden makes me see a big thing of fat on my belly sitting there.