Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Sep-24-09, 11:26

Plan: Bari post-op, lowcarb
Stats: 497.1/328.8/275 Male 6 feet, 2 inches
BF:Goal = healthy
Progress: 76%

Keep fighting the good fight. It's been one of my mottos and I believe in it. When I am careful about what I eat, when I exercise and when I knowingly combat sabotage I know I'm fighting the good fight.

Keep it up... Do your best.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Oct-07-09, 19:07

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 342/270/200 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 51%

What a great thread. Thanks everybody for posting your stories. I've been stalled for about a month now and haven't been posting much lately. I think it's time to come back.
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Oct-18-09, 19:45
Carolina Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244.5/131.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 91%

Decided to bump this thread once again. I'm one of those that "disappeared." I never got to my goal that I originally picked out of thin air but then there was just one day that I said, good enough. I was wearing the size I wanted, felt good about my size (albeit my exercising sucks), and felt good about my eating. I bounced around a ten pound range for a while, and quite honestly still do, but all in all, I am maintaining. Now, does that mean this has magically become easier? Nope. I work hard at maintenance because, believe me, it would take a New York second to go back to eating loads of pasta and bread (my weaknesses). I still, even after all of these years, have at least emotional cravings for those foods.

Therein lies my love of TDC. I know how we have all struggled at one point or are still struggling. It's something that I think we each have in common with one another, wherever we may be on our own personal journey. While I haven't posted in FOREVER, I love to come here and just read some of the posts. There are great moments of inspiration, commiseration or just a check that others feel the same way. I do miss the days of old when the TDC forum was so very active and lively. I could spend nearly all of my time in TDC just trying to keep up with the plethora of posts and new threads. I know we're still out there (myself included) that can put out our little piece of ourselves to the others. It helps ourselves, others, and mayhap that person still deciding to make the leap into LC land.

Great thread...and a good reminder for myself as well!
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Oct-19-09, 07:41

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

I do wish that more of the people who made it to or close to goal would stick around and post. I've heard so many of them say over the years that they a) either have nothing more to share or b) don't get anything out of the forum anymore. It's sad really. They DO have so much to share for those of us still fighting the good battle here. I guess for the other, well, you only get out of the forum what you put in.

Southbel- I think some of the problem with the TDC these days, is that those of us who have been around awhile have seen it all so to speak and I guess might be feeling like we're being repetitious. I guess we have to remember that there are always new people around who need those older topics.
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Oct-19-09, 09:46
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/219.4/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 46%

hmmm . . . now I'm starting to wonder how many folks are just doing drive-bys and we never here from them? I'm going to start a thread just to see if folks will de-lurk and get a sense of how many folks are still around. Maybe we'll get the flame turned up under the teakettle, get some conversation going. . .
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Nov-02-09, 12:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 271/269/154 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:43.7/..../24.9
Progress: 2%

Still working. It's a day-by-day, meal-by-meal process.