Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 07:34

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 157/147.5/138 Female 5 ft 6 1/2 in
BF:?/26%/24%
Progress: 50%
Default suggestions please

I seem to be stalled. I have been on Atkins for about 6 weeks. The first two weeks were great ... lost 9 pounds. And siince then, nothing.

Last week I started using FitDay. I am consistently burning 600-1000 more calories than I am taking in, but no weight loss.

I exercise 6 days/week on a 2-day cycle.
Day 1 cycle on stationary bike about 18 min, then work out for 55 min on treadmill - I usually run about 5.5 miles.
Day 2, cycle on stationary bike about 28 min (11+ miles), then work with free weights for about 25 min.

I usually eat under 2000 cal/day and somewhere aroung 30g of carbs. I haven't had a slice of bread or a potato since starting this. I cut out caffeine and the only aspartame I have is in diet Jello.

I drink lots of water (at least 2 litres/day).

I'm so fed up that I'm taking today off. I'm going to eat fruit salad (haven't had any fruit since I started) for starters.

Back on programme tomorrow.

But, should I take a break from my relatively intense workouts?

Any suggestions would be welcome!

I'
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 13:14

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I know there are people here more knowledgeable than I am, but here's my try at helping: You could try cutting back your workouts to 5 times a week (some people do less with success). You have to give your body a chance to heal, rest, and recover. It doesn't do any good if you overdo it exercising. Personally I always weigh my lowest after I have had my 2 off days from exercising. Sometimes I feel pooped enough and I take 3 days off once in a great while. Try cutting back a little and see if that's what's happening...over doing it.

I have also read that you should keep your workouts under one hour if possible. Something to do with cortisol levels and muscle catabolization, which is something you don't want. I am sure others can explain it better.

Also, are you sure you are stalled? Stalled means no scale OR tape measure movement for I think a month or more. Are you measuring yourself? You could be losing fat which would show inches lost, and also gaining muscle, which could be why the scale hasn't budged yet. I went through this myself at one point, and others here pointed out that I really wasn't stalled at all. Good luck to you!