Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-01, 22:45

Plan: cardiology assc. carb modified diet
Stats: 212/186/155
BF:
Progress: 46%
Unhappy 2nd time around looking for support

Hello
I am new here. Surfing and found you, hope you guys out there can help. I started this low carbing 2 years ago with great results I lost 53 lbs. feeling great along with dieting i was walking daily and began to eat a little more and still kept the weight off but after an accident I stopped the daily walking and within the past 6 months have gained back 27 lbs. the last 10 in the past 25 days mostly from depression. I have set this Monday aside to start again. But the first few days are soooo hard I could use all the support I can get. Just knowing that the physical symptoms are normal like the dizziness and lightheaded feeling. It still scares me. But I know if I don't start this diet back I will keep gaining and afraid my depression will only get worst
Thanks for reading
iwill, Prevail
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 00:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

You have come to the right place for support. All the people here are great, and the information you will read about is so helpful. I am not doing the atkins anymore, but I do know about the lightheadedness, and dizziness. Make sure you are taking your supplements, and drinking plenty of water. Are you able to start exercising again? If so...that will aid with the weight loss...and the depression. I think that this WOE also helps you feel in control, which also helps with the depression. I wish you much success in your weight loss...good luck, and post often...let us know how you are doing.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 06:16

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Welcome!
I also think that eating this way helps with depression. I had been on antidepressants for years, and was able to get off them within a month or so of going low carb. Make sure you take potassium, magnesium, and a good multivitamin. That should get rid of that lightheadedness feeling. Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 09:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

welcome prevail. Its always frusterating when we see the scale climb up. Then we think "oh well whats the point" The point is, the sooner we get back on track the sooner we will feel better about ourselves. Befor low carbing I was always exhausted and very moody and depressed. Those symptoms have disappeared. This is a great forum. Come read and post often and U will feel encouraged.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 10:38

Plan: cardiology assc. carb modified diet
Stats: 212/186/155
BF:
Progress: 46%
Smile Your word mean so much

Thanks for the support. All of you out there are great. Its nice to know there is some where to go where people know how you feel, the highs and the lows. The Joy and pain. With the infomation here and the people and thier stories and expercies I will be checking in daily And I know I will make it this time as a way of life.
iwill,
Prevail