Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-08, 11:14

Plan: Paleo - VLC
Stats: 163/175/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: -52%

I LOVE LOVE LOVE slings.. my only problem was that I didn't discover them until baby #3. I wish someone had told me about them from the beginning.

I also didn't discover natural childbirth until baby #3. Had an amazing out-of-hospital waterbirth.. just wish I had known about that sooner.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-08, 12:01
Registered Member

Plan: weston a price
Stats: 270/255/240 Male 76"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I have been eating a Paleolithic / Weston A price style of eating since birth. I was breastfed until the age of 3 and I was immediately switched over to goats milk and organ meats.
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-08, 23:01

Plan: ZC Warrior | +40K Paleo
Stats: 200/180/180 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

You can't really say Paleo if you had goats milk....
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-08, 09:09
Registered Member

Plan: weston a price
Stats: 270/255/240 Male 76"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I understand Tarlach. Besides for the GOats milk my diet is paleothic. According to my sources humans have been drinking milk for 40,000 years.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-08, 03:50

Plan: ZC Warrior | +40K Paleo
Stats: 200/180/180 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozoking
Besides for the GOats milk my diet is paleothic. According to my sources humans have been drinking milk for 40,000 years.

I'll try hard not to jump all over the glaring contradiction...

So what sources? I would love to see your evidence.

I have seen no evidence of persistent milk consumption prior to 14kBC and even that is based around the first evidence of animal husbandry (there is no proof of drinking milk). Prior to this time the milk consumption was likely only ceremonial or incidental. It would be doubtful that paleo man would not have targeted the child rearing mothers in the food chain. That would be a good way to destroy your food source....

Last edited by Tarlach : Mon, Nov-10-08 at 03:59.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-08, 13:38

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

The only milk that Paleo Children consumed on a regular basis was human milk- and kids often nursed for 4 years or longer. Nobody really *needs* milk past weaning age.

Still, I think you can post in this forum even if your diet isn't 100% pure Paleo. If your diet was "mostly Paleo except for the inclusion of goat milk" then you certainly can have input on this board!
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-08, 15:18

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
I didn't produce any milk so we had to use that swill. The smell alone was enough to ake me gag everytime. I came to appreciate its existence eventually because without it my kids might be dead but like one appreciates nasty tasting medicine. It is really gross!

I wish everybody had that attitude about infant formula. I'm very glad that it's available for those babies who truly do need it, but it's nowhere near as good as breastmilk, and it's a real shame for a baby to get formula when adequate amounts of breastmilk are available for that particular baby. I wish there were more milk banks available so even less formula was needed.