Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-23-24, 13:29

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
While very true, Bob, I also think there is a counter-tendency, where people who seek the truth can also find it more easily. Of course, they have to know where to look, and need to be taught.
<...snip...>

I agree, there is so much good information out here. But then again, there seems to be even more bad information, designed to sell something. But that's not new, I remember when "four out of five doctors recommend Camel cigarettes" which years later "for those who smoke" was added after they got into trouble.

I remember people dressed up like doctors, telling people to smoke certain brands of cigarettes to relieve their tension.

Today there is so much good and bad out there, if you are just looking for something to confirm what you want to believe, it's out there.

I don't know if people are taught critical thinking. When I went to school, many years ago, it was mainly rote memorization. I remember that in 1066 AD, The Norman Invasion led by William The Conqueror defeated Edward The Confessor and became the King Of England. But I was never taught the cause, politics, and how it changed England. And I don't know why I remember that or why I need to do so.

We weren't taught to think for ourselves. Luckily, a had a father who did.

So for many, perhaps most people, finding the right information is impossible. Sometimes I find it difficult.

Most people are herding and will be manipulated by the mass media. You want Ozempic? Moo. Air fryer? Moo. Giant pickup truck to never haul anything bigger than a week's groceries? Moo. Oleo instead of butter? Moo. The latest hairstyle? Moo. Essential carbs? Moo. The same sneakers that the stars wear? Moo. Life-threatening cosmetic surgeries? Moo. Collectable dolls? Moo. Low-fat foods? Moo. Seed oil instead of animal fat? Moo. Breakfast cereal that is mostly sugar? Moo. Coffee “creamer” that is mostly high fructose corn syrup? Moo. Moo. Moo. Moo.

Sorry to be so negative. Wake up! They are just trying to separate you from your money. Don't let it go so easily. Do your research. Is there a better option? If you don't need it, your default should be 'don't buy it'.

Do your research, but not just the articles that reinforce what you want. Especially, if interested in something, look for the negative articles as well as the positive ones.

End of rant.