Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 12:51

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 235/230/150 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Is Wonder Light White low carb

I was just wondering, would Wonder Light White bread be considered low-carb? It has about 20 grams total carbs and 5 grams fiber in 2 slices of bread. I was thinking of using this for the 2 slices of toast in the sample menus at the end of SPI.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 12:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

I wouldn't think white bread would be okay. Find something that is 100% whole wheat. Most grocery stores have a selection of organic whole wheat breads.

Piano
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 13:41
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Mamboking:

Welcome to the SP forum.

I cringe when I think of Wonder Bread. It always tasted so fake to me. I often go to the freezer section of my HFS for SP-friendly breads b/c they don't have additives in them like Wonder Bread (an oxymoron if I ever saw one ). Some additive-free breads aren't frozen, but read the labels. They'd have to be high turnaround breads to be out in the open.

SP isn't about finding the lowest carb foods per se as it is about finding the healthiest, most natural, least processed foods possible. That's clearly evident in her willingness to have people eat honey over artificial sweetener.

There's a bread on this forum that I've made in the past and I substitute stevia for the AS. It's Gabi's Low Carb bread It's great for toasting. You could also use honey instead of sugar for the starter, I understand, although I haven't tried it.

Best of health,
Wanda

Last edited by wcollier : Sat, Oct-25-03 at 15:52.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 12:01

Plan: SP
Stats: 327/283/135 Female 5' 1"
BF:?
Progress:
Default Wonder Bread Light

Hi....I am new here but I found rolls that have only 28mg of carbs. They are Rotellas no fat, no sugar. Here in NE we get them for about .55 cents per bag at thwir store. Really good product.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 18:00

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Hi....I am new here but I found rolls that have only 28mg of carbs

I gotta tell you though, even knowing what you can do with schwarzbeing 28g for 1 roll is too "expensive" for my taste.
I guess its all different for each of us, but still I think there has to be a better way than a roll that is just a overlyprocessed food.

As I understand this program..no any of the people that are most successful on any of these programs, staying away from processed refined foods is a key issue.
Just a thought.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 21:46

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

While we were in Branson, MO for Thanksgiving I found Natures Own bread and it has five effective carbs per slice; it is a wheat bread. It was very good. I bought three loaves while there and have put them in the freezer to use when I want a grilled cheese or a ham and cheese sandwich. It has a good taste and the texture is good. I had gotten on the net and asked them if there were any stores here in Illinois and they said at that time they were just west of the Mississipi. Too bad because it is very good.

Linda