Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Salads Veggies & Side Dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-06, 15:40

Plan: my own
Stats: 151.5/142.0/125 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:?
Progress: 36%
Default Grilled green beans

I am craving green beans! I will be making this tonight and will let you know how it goes.

Griilled green beans

6 cups lightly salted boiling water
1 pound green beans (approximately 5 cups), ends trimmed
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar twin
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 green onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
Salt and pepper to taste

In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. Add the beans and partially cook for 4 to 5 minutes (depending on the degree of doneness you want). Remove from heat. Drain the beans in a colander and immediately immerse them in an ice water bath to stop from cooking; drain and set aside.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 1/2 teaspoons of the olive oil and vinegar, gorgonzola, brown sugar, garlic, green onion, thyme, and basil. Cook just until the ingredients start to combine, approximately 7 minutes. Remove from heat.

Toss the green beans in the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Lightly grill the beans on the barbecue grill approximately 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from barbecue and toss in the warm vinaigrette. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.

Makes 6 servings.
Sponsored Links