Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 20:46
Registered Member

Plan: 6:00PM BREAKFAST
Stats: 282/234/202 Male 6 feet 5 inches
BF:24%/16%/6%
Progress: 60%
Default I'm gone for a while

Some people dont like to hear anything anti-Lc, even though this is the war zone.

I dont set out to make people mad, so I'll excuse myself gracefully.

I'll come back in three months to update my results.

Hopefully, we will all reach our ultimate goals, regardless of the path chosen. I wish you all the best of luck.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 20:48
Registered Member

Plan: Angry Paleo
Stats: 375/205/180 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Don't go away mad. It's just that no one here knows what you're talking about. If you could read a low-carb diet book while you're gone, we'd appreciate it. I think I speak for everybody.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-04, 06:41

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

With all due respect, Wildcard, this is a support forum specific to low carb eating not a general weight loss forum.
If you're truly looking for weight loss support may I suggest that you try another weight loss support group such as www.3fatchicks.com or www.diettalk.com as those forums support all types of weight loss methods, not just low carbing.
As for not liking to hear anything anti-low carb, that is what the War Zone is created for. However, as per the sticky at the top of the page titled "The War Zone. Please read before posting here",

Quote:
In addition, members are encouraged to provide references to research and medical studies. Do not be offended if someone asks you for proof to what you claim is a fact.

So far, you've posted a lot of opinion, but no scientific research or medical studies to back it up. Experimenting on yourself does not count as research or a medical study. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but so is everyone else entitled to disagree with them. As someone else pointed out, you've started several threads only to abandon them and start another when you're refuted.
I wish you luck in your weight loss efforts and I sincerely hope that you don't wind up harming your long-term health with the starve and binge behaviors that you've reported in the time that you have been here. Weight loss is what most of us here are attempting to achieve (there are those here who are low carbing for health reasons and not weight loss reasons), but most of us are also seeking improved health, not weight loss regardless of the impact on our health.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-04, 08:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 2//50 Female 60''
BF:
Progress: 44%

I wasn't looking to bust you in an effort to get you to go away, Wildcard. I just didn't think it was fair that you were yanking people's chains.

It would be enough to deal with if all anyone here had to think about was simply how to go about achieving weightloss success. But there's so much more going on here than that. Under the umbrella of "food issues" are a plethora of more specific issues that many of the people in this forum are dealing with. Food addictions, self-esteem issues, body image issues, depression and frustration over past failed attempts at getting thin, just to name a few. Some are and have been actively working on these issues for some time, other are just now discovering and coming to terms with what it is they need to work on in order to get their lives back on track. One thing that many here have in common is that they would be willing to rush to the aid of a newcomer that was looking for help. It's a shame to think that the new comer might just be crying wolf.

Frankly, that was my first impression of you and I just didn't think that what you were throwing into the mix was fair, helpful, or even honest. Coming here and using wanting to know and understand what it means to live a healthy lowcarb lifestyle as a pretext to your more real desire of wanting to stimulate debate wasn't at all fair to those who rushed to you in an effort to be helpful.

You've done a lot of parading. You've paraded that you've not read even one of the more widely accepted lowcarb books. You've paraded that you don't want to be confused by facts even though you're, at the same time, asking for and challenging facts. You've paraded, what you know will be considered by others, unhealthy eating habits. It's unkind of you to get people to invest in you like this when what they want to do is help and what you want to do is create a bit of chaos.

Still, I don't think you should go away. Not if you're serious about wanting to eat lowcarb and you think you could use this forum as real support. Honestly, thus far it's impossible to tell what you're serious about and what your true goals are. Maybe causing a bit of chaos and controversy is one of the issues that you need to deal with. I don't pretend to know. But I wouldn't want to be part of the reason why you didn't stay here and get help with whatever your food issues are. Not if getting help and support is indeed what you're really after.

I Just think you need to get real, Wildcard. Being a poser here isn't doing you or anyone else any good. Be one thing or the other. Either be up front about playing the devil's advocate and wanting to challenge lowcarbers. Or be real about wanting to understand how to healthily eat lowcarb and then give this way of eating a sincere try. At the very least do as Caveman has suggested, read at least one book. And if you're really going to give lowcarb eating a try then pick a plan and do it up right. There's plenty of real support here to help you through that.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-04, 13:05

Plan: Atkins+
Stats: 386/285/200 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 54%

I disagree with Saigo, the loss of a troll who appears to post just to get attention is no loss. Nyah Levi
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-04, 14:12

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

You never got support because your "plans" were bad for your health and bad for uninformed folks who want the quick fix.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 10:44
Registered Member

Plan: Willet/Balanced
Stats: 174/151/150 Male 5'10"
BF:24%/18%/10%
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmoke
I disagree with Saigo, the loss of a troll who appears to post just to get attention is no loss. Nyah Levi

I guess everyone who disagrees with low carbing - or simply to a lesser degree than you do - is a troll?
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 10:45
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa N
I suggest that you try another weight loss support group such as www.3fatchicks.com or www.diettalk.com as those forums support all types of weight loss methods, not just low carbing.

Thanks for the links. I was searching for forums like these but hadn't turned up anything.

Last edited by westerner : Mon, Jun-28-04 at 12:12.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 10:51
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

OMG!!!! Some people can be so An*l sometimes, don't run away just because of what other people believe, theres a lot more biggoted people on here who will not hear one single word said about anything against LCing - and in my opinion, it's your point of view and you don't need to bow down to anyone elses pressure. if you go away you're just giving in to all the people who will not hear anything said against Atkins or LC in general, and those people quite frankly are single minded, so ignore is my advice and keep coming back to see us folk who will actually listen to another persons different points of view!!
I sincerely hope if nothing else you cvome back from time to time and pop in on me - you sound like a little darling to me!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 13:03

Plan: Atkins+
Stats: 386/285/200 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Nope, just you. NY
It's typical that you do the drama act and then hang around to see what is said, just go like you said you would.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 13:37
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmoke
Nope, just you. NY
It's typical that you do the drama act and then hang around to see what is said, just go like you said you would.

A) learn to use the quote button
B) I never said I was going... so what are you talking about? Perhaps you should READ other people's posts before jumping on them...
C) Nice sig.