Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-13-14, 09:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/218/200 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Oopsie Roll question

I made the oopsie rolls yesterday and put them in a ziplock bag on the counter last night, this morning they where squishy/springy but I at one with my breakfast sandwich anyway. I put them in the fridge after that. My question is, how do you usually store them, reheat them and so on. Do they always have that springy, squishy feel? If so I'm not sure I will keep making them because I don't like that texture. Thanks for any advice you can give me
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 11:26

Plan: LC gut healing
Stats: 302/285/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Irrelevant
Progress: 12%

I haven't made oopsies in a while. I stored them in an open ziploc type bag with a paper towel to collect moisture.

Unfortunately, I think that the texture issue is the nature of oopsies. They're very cake like and springy.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 11:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/205/180 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 60%

Their texture isn't one of my favorites either. I've been making "tuna bread" and like it much better.

Use a small can of tuna with 1 egg...mix well and add any seasoning you might like. Small square or rectangular pan, bake at 350 maybe 35-40 mins.

I prefer using canned chicken breast. I get it in a can of about 12 ozs and for that I mix in 2 eggs, dehydrated onion, maybe garlic, a shake of red pepper flakes and bake in a 8x12 pan, same temp for about 40 mins.

Texture is a bit firmer. Store in ziploc and fridge. I like it plain with just butter but the last 2 days, I added a slice of cheese and some tomato slices, broiled.

Deanna
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 12:05

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 240/180/140 Female 63 inches
BF:too f'ing much
Progress: 60%

Basically oopsie rolls are non-sweet miniature angel food cakes. I made them back in the day and the first time I tasted one that's what I thought of.