Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 21:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Nu-Shape Low Carb Meals Delivered !?

http://www.locarb.com.au/HowToOrder.htm

I just come across this website !

Anyone heard of this or tried it yet ?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 05:26

Plan: ex-atkins
Stats: 175/105/115 Female 5 ft 0
BF:
Progress: 117%

I was quite curious when I saw the ads, although I could never afford anything like this and love cooking, so checked it out.

I think that the dinners could offer what lean cuisine offers to low fat dieters - quick dinners but at a premium - maybe a choice that makes this lifestyle more doable.

I think the overall plan is awful. I can't see anybody doing this and not ending up like the majority of Jenny Craig dieters, gaining it back when they go off.

I mean, all the low carb cookies and cakes? The low-carb junk concerns me most becuase it is in combination with not gradually adding in better sources of carbs. But wait, you can 'add fruit' to some of the meals? What? You can just have a banana? It won't control blood sugar, induce permanent keotosis, or any of things various carb-controlled programs are intended to do. I also think it is a bit too calorie controlled. I just think its a bastardisation of the principles of low carb.

Oh - and a protein shake every single morning?

So dinners thumbs up. The plan - I'd go nuts!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 17:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: // Female 172
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs down

You can buy actual food from them, once off sorta thing. I did and don't recommend them. The food isn't very nice and they left out the bread I ordered - even though they charged me for it.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 22:49

Plan: atkins (kinda)
Stats: 196.6/188.1/150 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 18%

i'd be weary. i've found over the 1.5 years that i've been here that most of us have to tweak and fiddle with the main concepts of low carbing to get it to suit our individual needs.

i doubt a low carb takeout could cater to your individual needs though could be handy if you're in a fix once in a while.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 05:49

Plan: ketogenics
Stats: 89/84/68
BF:40% 40% 20%
Progress: 24%

Hi Dave

How are you going? I jumped off the low carb band wagon a while ago (and gained 6kg). I learned a lot from my time low carbing and intend to get back into it but know that it takes more for me mentaly than just deciding to be good, so.....wish me luck. anyway to answer your question. I ordered some l Nu-shape probably 6-8 months ago ( you can do a search and check up on my initial messages) I found that the main meals were yummy, but you and I could make as good. The muffins and bread etc. were disgusting and I recommend that you don't go there. However since I ordered last I have considered trying their new products like pizza bases and bread to see what they are like. The Goliath protien bars they sell are yummy. Picture of health sell them for cheaper. If you haven't checked out picture of health cereal and muffins, you must. Again just do a search in the past forums. Having said that I think that I would consider buying just the dinners again to keep at work for a quick easy busy lunch that will keep me away from the canteen and meat pies etc.

good luck and I may see you in this forum soon

Nadia
( :
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 22:05

Plan: paleo
Stats: 145/145/114 Female 161
BF:
Progress: 0%

picture of health:
www.pictureofhealth.com.au

also empowerfoods:
www.empowerfoods.com.au

both excellent and great forums there too.

Last edited by sambalam : Thu, May-27-04 at 22:14.