Thread: New here!
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-17, 14:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

No matter if you decide going keto, staying on Atkins or doing modified paleo or primal (you can have a little full-fat dairy on that if it agrees with you), here's what I suggest, based on my own experience, if you stay low carb:

1. Make sure you're replenishing your water, potassium, sodium, and magnesium that you pee out. This helps keep things in balance. The magnesium will help you with your constipation.

2. If you can stand canned fatty fish like wild caught salmon, sardines, mackerel, and light tuna, that will help keep your skin nice. Add coconut and extra virgin olive oil to your food. Eat the skin on your poultry, and have well-marbled meats. Your skin and hair will love you for it.

3. If you decide to do Atkins, I heartily recommend that you try tiptoeing into Phase II. You can do it like an expanded version of induction with a wider variety/larger quantity of vegetables and include melon, berries, yogurt, whatever you like and whatever works for you. I stay under 40 g and it keeps me happy and out of trouble. It's a matter of trial and error. Everyone's a little different.

Best of luck and feel better!