View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-27-15, 21:45
Registered Member

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:000
Progress: 13%

Well, I just spent a few hours researching 'body' fat as well as watching a video of a young man who lost 160 lbs very quickly and as a result is now having to undergo surgery because of the large amount of loose skin he is now left with.

It was quite shocking and somewhat sad to see this young man's body, in particular, the massive amount of loose skin that he had.

I can only imagine that it would be somewhat depressing to have worked so hard to lose all of this weight only to be left with this type of reminder hanging from your body.

As I suspected, rapid weight loss, regardless of what type of diet you are doing, will lead to excessive, loose & saggy skin.
Also, losing muscle as well as fat will also cause the skin to become loose.

While I understand that there may be no way around in preventing 'some' loose skin after the weight has come off, especially if you have a lot of weight to lose, I did learn that there are a number of things I can do to minimize the overall amount of loose skin. I am on the right path by realizing this NOW, and understand exactly what it is that I have to do NOW...rather than waiting until later....or not doing anything at all.
I need to focus on replacing the 'fat' that I am losing with lean muscle so that there is no 'void' being left.

I've already listed my exercise goals for the next few weeks in my journal and have incorporated both aerobic & strength training into my daily routine.
I will be slowly increasing my goals every few weeks as I build up my endurance and overall strength.