View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-11, 13:25

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Dawn- you have the most amazing timing! I was feeling very sorry for myself today. Last night I went to Cirque de Soleil with my husband- something i have always wanted to do! At the intermission, I told him i was going to get something to eat- forgetting to tell him i felt low.
My Dexcom was telling me i was ok- but i knew the calibration must be off. Anyway, long story short- left my purse with my husband and off to line i went. the line was longgggggg, and i became so disoriented, i could not remmeber where we were seated, or his new cell number. EMTs had to intervene (buy me a Coke) and the only phone number i could remember was my parents land line (the same number they have had since I was 6).
My poor mom got the call "We have your daughter...."
Both Mom and husband were horribly scared by all of this, of course. Especially, husband who could not find me for about an hour and a half....

Ugh- anyway- bumping this made me realize diabetes does NOT rule my life. I just had a bad night

Still trying to figure my 20 year celebration next summer, but i have begun work on a short speech thanking my Mom and Husband.

And Dawn- if you are invested enough in your daughter's care to be on this forum, i know she has a great, happy, healthy future ahead