#3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-16, 09:21

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
But not a day goes by that I don't hear my inner little girl whining, "Mom! Do I HAVE TO???" That would be in reference to practicing the piano, washing the dishes, cleaning my room, homework or any other vaguely burdensome requirement.

Now, at age 70, I've been my own "mom" for a long, long time. "She" still gives me the look that means, "Why are you even asking. Just do it." Usually this works.

You just described me. Initiating any activity is the hardest part. I ask myself why can't I just go and wash the dishes rather than spending at least a few minutes (or more) debating it. Same goes for vacuuming and other cleaning chores. I try to not listen to that voice that says "no, I don't want to. I want to read a book, watch a video, surf the web". My mother, on the other hand, couldn't not take care of things. I don't think she ever left a dirty dish in the sink even for an hour or left her bed unmade or her suitcase unpacked even if she returned home at midnight. I wish I could stop rebelling against her standards and simply get things done rather then continuing to fight the urge to leave it until later. But I'm only 67. Maybe by age 70 I will have conquered it .

Jean