View Single Post
  #615   ^
Old Sun, Mar-12-06, 19:26

Plan: No one plan
Stats: 208.5/180.5/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Bear,

I hope you don't mind one more question, but since I first started reading this thread, one thing has interested me that I don't believe I've seen discussed so far.

You have mentioned that you and your wife met 21 years ago and in that time she has ceased being a vegetarian, but she still eats certain things you have no interest in.

I'm assuming (and this may be a bold assumption on my part) that she is probably around your age, give or take a few years.

Over the past 21 years, while you have followed your diet and she has followed hers, what have your differences in health been? I think it would stand to reason that if your diet is as good as you claim (and I don't dispute that it is. As it stands, I'm trying it out for myself.) her's, by comparison, would probably be less so in which case she would probably show some health problems that you didn't have to deal with... which would, in turn, give more evidence to support your case and ease some minds about this.

I say this not to offend, nor do I hope your wife has suffered any illnesses, but it seems to me that your marriage, in and of itself, would be a prime example of a 21 year study in the nutrition of carbs vs. no carbs.

I did see you speak of your wife before, but not on this exact topic. So if you brought this up and I missed it, someone please point it out to me. This was a long thread to digest in one sitting - low carb or not