Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default 10K Training Day 6

March 25

Weight: 208

The knee felt better today. I worked out in the evening and by that time I felt no pain. I did feel a little pain once I started jogging, but it did not get worse. In fact, I hardly noticed it by the end. The workout today doesn't seem to have aggravated anything. I'll cross my fingers and hope for he best in the morning.

I worked hard tonight. I jogged 5 miles and walked the rest of a full 10K

This evening at the track:

The 10K workout...

Walked for 1 of a mile to warm up (3.6 mph)
Jogged for 5 miles continuously (5 to 5.2 mph)
Warmed down by walking the final lap (3.8 mph)

Duration: 79 minutes -- average speed 4.7 mph

It was still light so I decided to walk an additional mile to warm down (3.7 mph)

Duration: 85 minutes total

Total miles today: 7.25

The first mile and last mile of the jog were the hardest. The middle was pretty easy. I found a nice rhythm. Just when I felt I was losing steam I'd get a new burst of energy and carried on. That happened a couple of times. By the last 2 laps of jogging I was feeling spent and the bursts of energy were over. I probably could have run the 10K out to the finish, but I'd worked hard enough. I'm happy with how things went today. I cut 6 minutes off of my baseline time from two weeks ago. I'm pretty confident that I will jog the entire 10K on race day and it looks like I might be able to do it in under 75 minutes.