View Single Post
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 16:21

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 398/391/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Hey all!

Thank you Offdawagon for the wonderful compliments!

I see that this thread has transformed into a much richer discussion! I think it's so important that we support each other on all levels...you all are so right! This is also about deeper psychological issues that we don't touch on in our everyday lives. There is a lot of healing that has to happen in order for us to FEEL like "normal" people again! We are so scarred by the day-to-day treatment that part of the weight loss process has to include undoing some of the damage. and THAT'S why forums like this are so important. We are amongst people that have gone through similar experiences and that are at different points in their healing that are able to help us through.

It is soooo unfortunate, sad and disturbing that our society places such importance on outer beauty! But what do you expect from a capitalist society??? It's like shooting fish in a barrel to make money off of our insecurities! Yeah, it would be great to encourage our kids to be honest and caring people who have the capacity to love and respect themselves and others no matter what their appearances may be, and yeah, it would cut down the ridiculous crime rate, but WHERE IS THE PROFIT going to come from??

Don't get me started!

Please continue to talk and share! You all are AWESOME!

Peace and Balance,
Tesia