View Single Post
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 12:43

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%

Obnoxious (but funny, too), is such the perfect description of my mother. My husband recently alerted me to an NPR broadcast of a piece about a CD and book called Amy's Answering Machine, which is a collection of answering machine messages left by a well-intentioned, but scatty, Jewish mother on her daughter's machine. Upon hearing some of the clips on the radio, he informed me that this was actually my mother disguising herself with a Jewish Mom Voice. (An example - In one mesage, the mother calls to tell her daughter that she doesn't think she should have "one of those palm sized computer things" because she might swallow it...because she heard a story about a man who lost his cell phone and when he called the number, he heard ringing coming from his dog's stomach.)

I love her, but sometimes she drives me nuts. But she is good for a laugh sometimes.

I think that picture might make me look a little smaller than I actually am, because I don't seem to get very wide as I gain weight. My secret fat-storing location--which actually, ain't so secret upon seeing me in 3-D--is the front of my tummy. I carry everything right out front. It's the Asian Fat Lady Curse...we are forever doomed to weight gain in the stomach. Take a look around at any chubby Asian chicks you might see, they all carry it in round tummies. It's why we're also so prone to heart disease. Feh.

My particular physical condition isn't at all helped by the fact that my father also carries all of his weight in the stomach. On the other hand, I did get broad shoulders and easy muscle gains from him, so I guess it works out.

And I should stop rambling and get my butt to the gym. Also, I need to think about food...Game Day! w00t!