Old Thu, May-29-14, 13:16
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajack

What it took me a lifetime to understand was "MAINTENANCE" is one of the steps, and as are each of those phases, the last one is as importance as the first.

Just like all the levels in weight loss, when one reaches goal weight, they have to work their weight loss program AS IT'S MEANT TO BE WORKED, in that last phase.

Reaching goal weight is a great achievement, but it ain't the be all and end all. "MAINTENANCE" is what one wants, and is as easy as are the other levels, if we work it in the same way!

Maintenance is the last phase of any weight loss. There are other phases to work through as you lose the weight after Induction.
In Atkins its called OWL phase where you add in from the higher rungs of carbs to find your ccl. You do this slowly, 1 new food a week and 5 gram at a time. South Beach allowed me to do it in a different way but I did it none the less. Me? I couldn't wait for my 2 weeks to be over to have some berries.
Why do most people think that if 20 grams a day is good, less must be better? That is not going to be true for everyone. It maybe hold truth if you are insulin resistant. But if you plan on keeping it off, I strongly suggest you work through all the phases after Induction.