View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 18:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hi, Skulder. I notice you've lost quite a bit of weight so probably still imagine yourself bigger than you are. 53 inches around the hips is not shockingly wide for an airline seat. I'm very tall and long legged and always have to swing my legs out of the way, and the last time I flew - to New York! - my hips were 47 or 48. If hubby is slender, you can lift up the arm rest between you and sit close/snuggle. As for the bathrooms, they are horribly tiny and uncomfortable for everyone. I know you have a long flight, but do your best to use the ladies' room in the airport before boarding and after landing to minimize trips to the plane toilet.

Above all, be gentle with yourself and try to relax. I think you'll be just fine! If you can take the aisle seat, it will be easiest for you to get up and stretch during the flight. There will be plenty of room in the aisle to move around.

If you still have doubts, you can call the airline and check about seat and seatbelt sizes, but honestly I don't think you'll have a problem.

Have faith and above all have fun! I'm a native New Yorker, grew up near JFK, so am excited for you!