Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 05:50
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 230/220/180 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
With all the conflicting info, it's hard to know what to trust. Virtually everything the Eades write makes sense to me on so many levels.

It's so funny about people and low carb. The no-fat dogma has been drilled into our heads for so long, even those of us who know the low-carb way is the best way STILL sometimes fall into the trap of thinking we should cut the fat and up the carbs. I whole-heartedly believe that I don't need to eat more than a modicum of carbs (veggies/fruits), and yet sometimes I'm hesitant to say this out loud.

Strange.

Do you remember that lady, what was her name? Is it Susan Powter? She was pretty popular 10-15 years ago I think. She would keep going on "eating fat makes you fat". She would tell people they could eat 50 potatoes or 1 slice of cheese. I wonder how she really kept thin; she certainly wasn't eating lots of potatoes!

Anyway, I think that having heard this low-fat mantra garbage from many sources over many years has it's desired effect on us all to one degree or another.