Old Tue, Jun-05-07, 04:59
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 230/220/180 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waywardsis
Easier to take things from bushes and trees...but can be expensive as far as energy output goes, and you're not getting a huge return on your time investment. Besides, it would depend on your geographic location and what's available on bushes and trees. Some places, like the Canadian north, have nothing available and traditional Inuit diets were practically devoid of vegetation. Most of North America and Northern Europe wouldn't have had much in the way of fibre available year-round.

Gathering isn't just vegetation, which for some reason we tend to assume: it also includes small protein sources like insects, shellfish etc. Far bigger nutritional bang for your buck there.

I don't think fibre will hurt anyone (at least, not in small amounts, and for ppl with IBS etc it can certainly be harmful) but I don't think it really helps anyone much. I used to eat cereal with 14g fibre per serving - seriously - and it didn't help me at all!

Wow, seeing the word Inuit sure makes me think of that ol' TV show Due South.

I've taken a lot of fiber over the past 5 years and I don't think it's done me any good.