View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-18, 09:31

Plan: Carb reduction in general
Stats: 230/185/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quote:
“Changing meat consumption habits is a challenge that requires identifying the complex social factors associated with meat eating and developing policies for effective interventions,” the report concluded.
They're talking about eating healthy food, i.e. meats, like it's some kind of social problem like crime. I don't need to be cured through "policies for effective interventions" from eating healthy food, thank-you. In fact increasing my protein consumption (through meat) is benefiting my health in a way the typical carbohydrate-heavy vegetarian crop sources of protein could never do. Insect-sourced proteins might indeed turn into a viable nutrition source of the future. I'm guessing it may be high quality complete protein like from animals because bugs look more like animals than plants? But to get the idea going successfully among cultures with sufficient means to buy meat as opposed to people living at subsistence levels in need of any affordable protein source, that's going to take some doing to get those who have other options past the cultural "yuck" factor. Doable? Sure. I recall my mom casually mentioning those little flecks in the nightly dinner rolls were bugs. She didn't want to toss out all that flour. We had no trouble consuming them. But currently, the "yuck" force is strong in this one.