#918   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 03:27

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
Teaser, I've been monitoring both blood and urine ketones, same time daily. They are in sync, showing basically the same levels. I wonder if the meter and the expensive strips are worth it, but everybody has to choose. Just wanted to share my n=1.

I've also been logging my macros and trying to eat more food. I realize I have to be patient because I've been eating so little for such a long time.

Good luck with your own experiment.

Thanks.

On my current almost zero carb plan (at least no plants except coffee and a little spice) the urine strips have been deep purple every time and every day that I've checked. This with slightly higher protein--84 grams as an upper limit where it was 70 before. So no concern about whether I'm in ketosis, just no idea how far.

Targeting deeper ketosis, and eating only meat and heavy cream/butter, I'm a little more concerned about supplements, when I'm getting my spinach etc. I mostly just make sure to get in my half-salt and try to remember my vitamin d. I'm not out to prove that a ketogenic diet is complete nutrition in and of itself, I might think it is, but a multivitamin, a bit of magnesium etc. is pretty cheap insurance. Like any other insurance, mostly you hope you don't need it.