View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 11:39

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

The porridge helped me survive a weekend in the woods with the Army just this past weekend. Since I had access to hot water, all I had to take was my metal cup and spoon, and the cereal in a plastic bag. It was great to have breakfast that wasn't the "traditional" dehydrated or vacuum sealed stuff we are usually fed in the field. I added cinnamon to my mixture, because I happen to like that flavour, but other than that - it's the greatest, and it keeps me going for the morning.

I also used it as a "spring board" and put together a baggie with TVP and spices as a substitute for the rice that comes with one of the IMP's (vacuum bags of food). One of them is actually a salmon fillet, which is tolerable, but it comes with rice or mashed potatoes (which you add water to rehydrate). So, I thought my solution was better, and I knew what was going into my system.

It's the best investment I've made in a long time. I can't wait until we aren't training some weekend soon (I think I have the weekend off the end of October), so I can try some of the other recipes. Those nori crackers sound awesome, and a number of other things I can't remember off-hand, but have flagged to try.

Again, I thank you for your inventiveness and willingness to take the time to share it in written format.