View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 13:24
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

When I was first diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic I was already 5 weeks into the diet. My A1c showed diabetes, but my FBG was 107 (which my doctor considered in the normal range). Had I not already started the diet I think that the FBG would have been much higher. Given what she saw my doctor just told me to keep doing what I was doing and come back in 3 months. No prescriptions. She didn't even have me test my BG. I did that all on my own. 3 months later my A1c was 6.0.

Had I not been eating low carb at the time of the diagnosis I likely would have shown a diabetic FBG and a much worse A1c score than the 6.7 that I had. She probably would have prescribed meds. It all worked out in the end. Had I been on meds I surely would be off of them by now. I know that not every type 2 diabetic recovers enough with this WOE to get off of all meds. I'm glad that I never had to go there. But my main point with my post is that resolving IR did take time. You've been at this for only a few months. Don't get discouraged if good results don't happen on your desired timetable. You may very well end up like me. It just may take some time.