Thread: Maintainence?
View Single Post
  #31   ^
Old Sat, Oct-28-17, 08:29

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 230/165/160 Male 67
BF:
Progress: 93%

Just to follow up, I have decided to try going back to a less formal approach. I lost most of my weight just avoiding flour and sugar. I only adopted a stricter regime to get those 10 -15 lbs off. To better understand the process, I started testing with keto sticks, checking blood glucose, and added testing blood ketones while recording the macros for everything I ate. That provided good information, and did help me understand how different foods affected me, but was not intended as a long term way of life. Anyway, I have stopped checking if I am in ketosis, and stopped checking blood glucose. The only measurement I am taking is weight and recording that once a week. This doesn't change how I eat, for example, while I didn't log what I ate yesterday, I know from experience I was at less than 10g carbs. The other hold over from my experimenting is IF. I have been intermittent fasting most days for about 7 weeks, usually with a 16/8 fasting/eating. This has really helped me stop snacking after dinner, so I will continue, between a 14/10 and 18/6 for most days. Of course, this is always subject to change.
Sponsored Links