Old Mon, Jun-15-15, 10:06
Every day is day 1.

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 249.0/220.6/160 Female 67 inches
BF:Yup. I know.
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
I butter mine, and used to dis my MIL too. She would cook pounds of bacon, and then submerge eggs in the fat to cook. Guess who did that this morning. Me.

OH!!!!!!! Tonight might have to be breakfast for dinner night! I can taste the eggs now!!!!!

Yes this is a bacon thread but I am also craving poultry after all of the baked chicken discussion!!! (It may be time for a baked turkey!) Thanks for the update on the bacon wrapped roast chicken. I've baked strips of skinless (gasp!) chicken breast wrapped with bacon several times. They turn out 'okay' but I am never as impressed as I think I should be... (And yes, I keep doing the same thing - expecting a different outcome - and it's always the same...) I DO have better luck with chicken skewers with bacon on the grill but I suspect that it is more from the added flavor of the veggies. The bacon tends to add more flavor to the vegetables than the chicken. I wonder if it would have the same effect (but cheaper) to baste the skewers with bacon grease before/during cooking? Hmmm...... To go back to the bacon wrapped chicken strips... I wonder if they would have more flavor if I added some pepper and onion strips or asparagus spears and then wrapped with the bacon? It would definitely make it more visually appealing - especially with colored peppers.