Old Mon, Jun-27-16, 16:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/174/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
The other big thing, which I didn't mention, due, apparently, to being brain dead...you have relatively little to lose.

You are starting out where many people work for a year or two to get to.

So, that can slow things down, considerably, as well. Kat's comment about the pokiness of weight loss during menopause rings true to me.

The only time I could lose, back then, was when I had an infection in my thyroid, and it was acting like I was severely hyperthyroid, including palpitations, tremors and losing half my hair.

Otherwise, even with the most excellent of standard, "healthy" diets, I just slowly gained from the age of about 47-60.

You are so smart to work at this NOW, when most women's sensitivity to carbs starts climbing.

Hi MickySue,

Thanks for that. That infection sounds nasty!

I tried the original incarnation of Atkins as a teenager and promptly stopped having periods. Following that, I have used lf dies to yo-yo between 140 and 220 lbs for 30 or so years (mostly at the higher end of the yo you). In the last 8 years I've been maintaining my weight at 175 despite trying to lose on more moderate lf diets. 175 is definitely better that 220, and it looks like I have made this weight a real set point. I would still like to lose at least 15 pounds -- nothing terribly skinny for 5'4" -- but at least out of the obese range.

I was down a couple pounds this morning (probably water), but I'll take it. Feeling a bit more optimistic today and will be trying everyone's advice here.