View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-11, 11:43

Plan: Classic Atkins
Stats: 275/272/165 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress: 3%

I have not done Bikram - but some of my coworkers have. The actual Bikram studios are in fact carpeted.

Bikram is an individual who has made his own business line of yoga studios.

"Hot Yoga" is any yoga studio that is heated to around body temperature.

I personally go to Moksha up here in Canada. Its quite popular - uses natural Cork flooring so it doesn't stink.

Its very important that you follow the instructions relating to hydration in order to avoid heat exhaustion / heat stroke.
* Drink plenty of water before and after class.
* Don't consume alcohol before a class.
* During class its best to have an electrolyte drink (although finding one that works with low carb is hard)
* Familiarize yourself with the symptoms of heat exhaustion .. and if you get any of the symptoms .. get up and leave the class (a lot of classes ask that you stay in the room so you don't disturb others - thats insane - leave the hot room)

Another one of my coworker goes to Moksha a lot more than me and has seen people faint, vomit, and another last week had a seizure. These are classic signs of heat exhaustion, leading to heat stroke.

Don't let what I'm saying deter you however. Like anything else in life - you can do it safe or unsafe .. and unsafe has consequences.