#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 12:20

Plan: nothing in particular
Stats: 152/152/120
BF:N/A
Progress: 0%
Cool PCOS Support Group in Toronto

HI ALL,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I joined this group as I was diagnosed with PCOS about 8 months ago. My physican had no trouble diagnosing me. However I have been put on medications such as Clomid and Metformin. Both have not been effective in making me ovulate ( i am trying to have a child). My doctor's next course of treatment is to start me on Hormone injections. This does not sound to appealing to me. So, I started looking for Natural treatments to this affliction and I found out that a low carb diet along with exercise could be the answer I was looking for. I have just started on a low carb diet (at least I think I have...there's so many hidden carbs out there), I exercise regularly (started a month ago). However I long to talk to and maybe even exercise and plan diets with other women who have this disorder. So please do contact me if you are interested in a work out or low carb buddy. I look forward to advise and eventual success with concieving.

P.S. A low carb grocery list would be much appreciated, if anyone has one. I am especially confused about what fruits I can and cannot eat. Also the fact that most low carb diets perscribe a high fat diet (animal and those rich in omega-3 fatty acids) is a little uneasy for me, especially since I want to loose weight.
Sponsored Links