View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-13, 20:13

Plan: Atkins, Newcastle
Stats: 260/221.8/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Highest weight 260
Progress: 40%
Default Summation of Seyfried's Cancer book

I just came across a blog by an MD who follows a primal/low carb diet herself and who presents a summation of Dr Seyfried's book "Cancer as a Metabolic Disease". It's a long detailed explanation of Seyfried's ideas and the rest of the blog looks interesting too, though I have not yet read the rest of it. I don't think anyone has linked to this yet.

Quote:
Thomas Seyfried PhD, a brain cancer researcher with over 25 years of experience in the field, gave a groundbreaking presentation about cancer at the Ancestral Health Symposium held at Harvard Law School this past August. The three main take-home points of his talk (spoiler alert!):

1. Cancer is not caused by genetic mutations
2. Cancer is a mitochondrial disease
3. Cancer can be treated with ketogenic diets

After attending his lecture, which challenged everything I thought I knew about cancer, I was inspired to read his new book, entitled Cancer as a Metabolic Disease: On the Origin, Management, and Prevention of Cancer. In it he lays out 400+ pages of dense scientific evidence–complete with 1,740 references, and dozens of charts, graphs and full-color glossy images to make his case. It’s a powerful and compelling argument. The book is expensive, and would be nearly impossible to understand without a strong scientific background, but the secrets inside are so important that I wanted to make them available to everyone–they simply must be shared. This series of articles is dedicated to my friends, family, colleagues, and patients who are battling cancer or who have loved ones suffering with cancer. May this information bring you hope.

Link
Sponsored Links