#11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 04:32
Registered Member

Plan: SPI
Stats: 154/165/132 Female 168
BF:33%
Progress: -50%

Hi all,
well i thought i would let you all know how im going and what my endocrinologist said to me in my first meeting with her.
She told me to disregard all the hormonal tests (ie: estrodial, test, cholesterol, FSH, LH) because im on the pill. We dicussed everything from my history of eating disorders, to the recent bodybuilding training, and the fact that I have not been able to get out of bed very much and everything is just falling apart.
We discussed my PCOS and she questions whether I have it at all. So she said she wants me off the pill, and to see what my own body is capable of doing and then when I have been off it for apporx 6months to get all most bloods done again and so we can actually see if I have it.The main reason she said this is because after a the eating disorder, i never regained my monthly cycle and so my dr put me straight on the pill. She said what was happening is that throughout the eating disorder my body has shut down (and hypothalamus and pituitary and how to actually signal all the right homrones and make a period). She said since they were switched off then and then I was put on the pill, which also shuts those systems down then my body/brain can't remember how to make a period or to function like a woman should. So, she said it may take a while before I get a period after my body has come off the pill, but to wait and see what happens. The thing is, I do have some slight PCOS symptoms, but she was more worried that this may be my cortisol and congenital hyperplasia or something along those adrenal lines....hmm....anyone know much about this...?
So, I had to do a 24hour cortisol test were I pee in a cup for 24hours and see what happens...hmmm....cant wait for the results to come back.

So, thats whats happening so far. Im actually back drinking caffeine, I simply just cannot give it up at this stage. Im soo stressed and working about 14hours most days and its really the only way I can stay awake. Im not really exercsing much either, a few walks, and yoga, but my energy is coming back.
I just feel sooooo lazy not doing much...and unfit and out of shape too....I really want to go back to my old ways of exercising and drinking caffeine, it made me feel so much better...AND I WAS LEAN!!! grr
The other thing is, im not going too well with the diet, i just cant eat complex carbs...i dont like it and cant understand why I cant live of fruit....? can someone please explain because im a little confused...I thought it was always about wating heaps of veggies and fruit and cutting out the complex carbs such as potato, rice, rice cakes etc...? very confused. any advice...? Because Im so in love with my fruit, natural yogurt and milk
stace