#11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-18, 11:02

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I can’t go off LC or I will feel terrible and gain a lot of weight. All my carb eating caused the Diverticulitis in the first place. When I had my colostomy my doctor said I had the pouches and my mom always had trouble with it, also two of my brothers.

I think too much cheese causes constipation and could cause a flare up. Some people stay away from fiber, I am in the middle with some vegetable fiber, but don’t overdo it. I think overeating and getting constipated causes me a flare up, if I catch it early then I fast until the pain goes away. That’s what I’ve been doing for mine. As long as it’s not severe pain I can handle it by fasting.

Thanks for your input I believe diverticulitis is genetic, as you have it in your family. In my family, my grandmother suffered with it. I think it came down to me so you and I are very susceptible to flora imbalances. Do you take probiotics? I take them but I need to increase them to 50 billion now. I never had an issue with diverticulitis until I ate meat. When I was younger and ate meat, I had IBS. All of that stopped when I went vegetarian. No IBS and no Diverticulitis. When I went low carb again, my IBS flared up then it stopped then now a month later the worst Diverticulitis flare so far happened. I think its a combination of meat and cheese. I've always had a dairy intolerance and I was going crazy on cheese before this flare. I made an appt to see the GI next month. I guess I'll cave and get a colonoscopy to see what's going on.