#5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-29-17, 16:48

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Thanks for the link, Glenda. It's a powerful speech by Dr. Malhotra. There is something that's gnawing at me, however, and that's the presentation of the Pioppi Diet as if it were the one diet everyone should follow. As we state repeatedly, "one size does not fit all," and I realize he's selling a book, but to the uninitiated, a specific diet is being recommended. There's no doubt that it's healthier than a SAD where "healthy" processed foods and sugars abound. As many know, it takes a personalized approach to fine tune a WOE that works for the individual.

That's what I thought when I read about this book "what, another low carb diet book? Why do we need it?". I guess if it turns some new people onto a healthier way of eating it's a good thing but I prefer a more expansive approach to eating low carb such as you find on dietdoctor.com. I've been doing this so long it seems impossible to me that people still are unaware of low carb, but I know that it's true so maybe the more people who get into the act of endorsing it in as many different ways as possible the more likely it is to get through to some people.

Jean