#9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-08, 09:24

Plan: UDS
Stats: 199/190/190 Male 69
BF:12%/11%/6%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Levac
The weakness is normal and should be expected so take it easy for a while. Since you've cut out carbs, now you must use fat as fuel. This is what you're adapting to right now. It can take anywhere from 4 to 20 weeks depending on several factors. I'd say the younger you are the easier it is.

Kendogirl, it would help you to know your RMR and your total energy output for a day. This might help you range the calories you'll need to consume. Restricting your calories too low will hurt you as well. Low carb is great, but you'll need time to adapt. Also, I believe it's best not to micromanage by adding too many extra fats and just eat a good protein source with naturally occurring fat.

When I was doing 3 hours/day of MMA training several times a week, my energy levels got better the longer I was on a low carb intake. I also knew about how many calories I could eat before gaining weight as well as what I need as a minimum. I stayed somewhere around the middle on most days. As my conditioning improved, my energy levels were adequate.