View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-17, 22:34

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.6/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

Mike, this is really a learning process. It's about learning how your body works and how it reacts to foods. Each of us is different. I adore vegetables, but through a lot of time and experimenting I've found that they give me a lot of trouble, and often, bloating. While trying to lose weight, I've pared down my veggie list to cabbage, lettuce, limited avocado (actually a fruit of sorts), moderate onion, moderate red peppers, mushrooms, occasional asparagus, and that's really it. I also have to be careful with dairy (not too much of it, and only the full fat things). So my best weight loss comes with meat, some poultry, some fish, limited veg, eggs, and that's about it. If you go up in weight, take a look at what you ate the last couple of days. Even if you ate theoretically "correct" Atkins foods, there might be an item of two that bloated you up. Sudden weight gain is always water retention, so look for a reason. Once you find your magic recipe or formula for how to best eat to keep losing weight, then stick with it. Boring is good. Eat a limited group of foods that totally agree with you, that's the key. Once you find that group of foods that work well for you, stay in that lane and it becomes easy street.