Old Thu, Sep-07-17, 09:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/177.5/156 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Dr Jason Fung?

Hi all,

For those of you who have been doing this a while, do you read Jason Fung? I just read through a presentation of his and he seemed to have some interesting thoughts.

I was particularly interested in his comments on insulin resistance, vs. blood sugar levels per se. He didn't seem as strict on the concept of no-carbs, it seemed more about getting your sugar or carbs from "real" food, akin to many of the foods on paleo (although he de-emphasized red meats). I'm on Atkins now, but see the "real foods" diet as more of a long-term plan for myself (one step at a time).

I'm not quite ready to hit fasting yet, but I have committed to at least a 12-hour gap somewhere in the day between eating, as well as eliminating snacking. I had been a big believer in the "lots of small meals throughout the day" strategy, but as I look back on it, that clearly didn't work too well. He seems to be on to something. I read the fasting thread and it was interesting. I have also cut out almost all added sugar.

Curious as to other's thoughts, particularly as to your experiences with him and his attitude on carbs, which seems to differ slightly from Atkins (although I guess the latter stages of Atkins also let some natural carbs in at the end).

Mike
Sponsored Links