View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 04:42

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I agree the first thing you should do is just stay the course, two and a half weeks isn't that long.

So this is some premature advice you should ignore for a while. Something you could try is counting calories, but I think it's important to be very careful how you go about it. If I push too far with calorie counting, I just end up in a binge and wind up eating more than if I'd just ignored the calories.

The way I'll do this if I've gained a bit and want to lose some weight--first I'll tighten up the diet, just eating to appetite, but I'll keep track of what I eat. Get an idea of how much I'm eating on a daily basis. Then I'll start eating that much on purpose. Sometimes just doing this loses me some weight, maybe because I end up eating less just because I'm tracking, or maybe it's just eating a bit more on weekends that had me gaining, or something like that. If I'm not losing, I'll cut calories, but I'll sneak up on it. But I'll have a no going to bed hungry rule. I'll drop a couple hundred calories a day, the point isn't to deprive myself, it's to see whether I was actually eating more food than needed to satisfy my appetite in the first place. I've seen Dr. Westman give this advice--not to deprive yourself, just pay attention to how much you're eating, and whether slightly smaller portions would be satisfying. I find my appetite sometimes driven by the environment. If I'm home alone, I might cook myself a 6 ounce pork chop with some broccoli and be satisfied. If I'm at a friend's place, and he's cooked about 10 pork chops, and he's looking at me eagerly, hoping I'll eat most of them and tell him how good they are, and once I'm done that one pork chop that would have satisfied me at home, all there is to do is watch other people eating pork chops--that can reignite my appetite. But even if I just make a stack of pork chops, instead of the one that'll do, I'll end up eating more.

I can't emphasize enough that this isn't about undereating, it's about fine tuning, figuring out just how much food you can be happy on.