#7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 09:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/196/175 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default This freaky fad diet

Hi all,

Luvhump, on the pounds vs. inches equation . . . Sometimes I think the mathematics involved in this process defies all logic.

I don't think anyone should follow my example, since I am losing at such a slow and grudging rate. But since the first two weeks, I no longer count the carbs in lettuce, spinach, broccoli, asparagas, celery, cabbage . . . I eat all I want.

There's a supermarket I go to to buy meat, 'cause they have great markdowns. (I buy veggies at a produce stand near my apartment.) So, I'm standing in line at the checkout counter, and the woman in front of me has all this low-fat, no-fat "healthy" stuff. (She was slender and attractive, too.) She puts the divider on the conveyor belt and I plop down my stuff. Two turkey thighs, marked down, two lamb shanks, maked down, two pork loin blade chops, marked down, hamburger, on sale, a package of bacon, a carton of heavy cream and a carton of eggs.

The woman couldn't have looked more disgusted when she glanced at what I had if I had scraped up a very ripe road-killed cat and thrown that down.

I can imagine her telling a friend about it later:

"A real broccoli belly. I mean, he had spinach sag over his belt. It is so sad people let themselves get fat on all that lettuce following that kooky Atkins diet instead of watching the food pyramid. He didn't even have any pasta !"

Also, if you weigh every day like I do and watch the normal ups and downs, you never really enjoy a Whoosh ! Maybe a "Wh--" but the "--ooosh" is never there. In my case, it comes off slow -- when it comes off at all.