View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jan-14-18, 03:59

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

I think Bauer said there's no large scale long term studies. That's true, but then again there's no large scale long term studies for any diet. She also said she doesn't know what happens when you tax your organs and really restrict carbs. Well then, she can't possibly give any kind of advice about that, ya? Strangely enough, she explains what ketosis is, when she just said she doesn't know what happens when you really restrict carbs, doh. As far as I'm aware, ketosis has no detrimental effect whatsoever. I mean, she says there is, but doesn't tell us the source. On the other hand, hyperglycemia - when ya eat da carbs, ya - certainly causes detrimental effects on the kidneys and the liver. On the up side, she says keto suppresses appetite and boosts metabolism, "and that's all great". She also says losing weight by any means improves all markers, and that's true, but then the A-TO-Z experiment says keto - i.e. Atkins - just does it better.

About those non-existent large scale long term studies. Even if there was, Bauer couldn't possibly tell us about them, cuz she's not a trained scientist, i.e. she isn't trained to interpret the data objectively, if at all. Also, don't need large scale long term (implied = observational), small scale short term will do just fine (implied = experimental) and we got plenty of those.

I wonder if anybody ever explained to Bauer that when you eat a standard diet, and then you eat less to lose weight, you have no choice but to eat less carbs? She'd be no match for Taubes, methinks.