View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-23-15, 14:22

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 332/282/250 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hi Racquel,

7 1/2 pounds is awesome! Even if a lot of it is water weight, I know it feels great to see on the scale. Plus it shows that you're on the right track.

I'm actually doing a lot better than I expected. I haven't had any morning sickness at all, thank goodness. My back has really started to bother me in the last week or so... my doctor told me at my most recent visit that I have a rear-facing placenta, so I'm going to have even more back issues than most. I guess it's a decent trade-off for the lack of sickness, though. My due date is May 13, and we're having a little boy. We decided on a name this week... Daniel Stanley, with the Stanley being for my father. Have you found out the gender of your baby yet?

One thing I can definitely tell is that I feel SO much better when I'm eating low carb. My heartburn the last week or so has been awful, and up until I went off track I really hadn't had any indigestion issues at all. I'm actually looking forward to going back to my normal way of eating on Monday, after we get back from our Christmas visiting. I'm going to try and stay at 50 carbs or less, sticking as close as I can to Atkins induction. I'm nervous about keeping them that high, though... it seems like I'm kind of an all or nothing person. The more carbs I eat, the more I crave. I do great keeping them around 20, but I know I'll be in ketosis at that level. Of course, I'm not really convinced that it's bad to be in ketosis while you're pregnant...it's got to be better than pigging out on sugar all the time because of the cravings. How many carbs are you shooting for?

If you celebrate it, Merry Christmas! I was going to send you a PM, but I think you have to have 25 posts first.