#40   ^
Old Sun, May-17-09, 17:13

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickieb
I eat one chicken leg and thats it for me. It feels really heavy in my stomach.

If you're satisfied, then maybe that's all you need. But if you get hungry again soon afterwards, maybe it's too much protein and not enough fat.

Eating the skin is a good way to get some fat. If it's mushy and globby, maybe you need to cook it until it's more crispy. I'm not sure if you're referring to globby skin or to the cartilage on the end. The cartilage doesn't really have any fat, but if you want to eat it, it's good for your joints.

If you don't like the skin, you can always use a rich sauce instead.

Quote:
Maybe one of my mistakes is that Im trying to go low everything. I just want to be sure I dont get too many calories while Im eating protein and fats. I know these have alot of calories too. Atkins does say that we have to watch the calories as well.

I seriously don't recall Atkins ever saying you need to watch calories. There is a "fat fast" technique used for breaking a stall, but that's a diet he adapted from someone else's study. I think the "fat fast" is the only part of the book where you have to count calories.

Atkins does say you should never let yourself get hungry, so in that sense you need to watch that you're getting ENOUGH calories. He also says to stop eating when you're full - in that sense he says you shouldn't overeat, but not in the sense of counting calories.