View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 17:57
Registered Member

Plan: Keto + IF
Stats: 260/300/165 Male 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: -42%

I'm just back after about 10 years too. Looks like my account here still works. Starting over, all over again, for like the tenth time. Second time on low carb. The first time when reasonably well but then all sorts of life (read shit) happened. I'm glad I even remembered about this site, and that it still exists. Currently on Day 24 of this reboot.

Reading food labels again. They are getting cleverer and cleverer. I had to laugh out loud at "Organic Evaporated Cane Juice". Five different kinds of sugar to push them down to the bottom of the ingredients list.

Discovered I had "very severe" sleep apnea last year. Didn't even know what sleep apnea was before that. Apparently I've had it for years without knowing it. All I knew was that I was miserable and it was all my fault. Found out after I had a minor stroke in my eye which in the end turned out to be a blessing.

Feeling much better on CPAP now, and finally feeling good enough to try this again. Been watching some Jason Fung videos on YouTube. I'm going to try adding some IF into the basic Atkins approach I did last time.

Also on some blood pressure meds now, hopefully they don't interfere with weight loss.

Really struggling without pasta as an Italian.

Gonna try hitting the gym again at some point too, but this go-around my knees hurt just going up steps.

So I kind of feel like Rip Van Flintstone here. What have I missed in the low carb world over the last decade?