#29   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 17:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/192/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Again,
Heck I think I'm addicted to this support group.

Hopefully I'll get to either Cosco or Chapter tonight 'cause now I'm dying to see want the BFL is all about. I read Nat's journal and went to the BFL website (from a link in the journal) and that got me curious. Nat you mentioned you have never been to the gym yet. What kinds of weights do you use? Free weight? A home gym? IF I decide to take the CHALLENGE what kind of investment am I looking at?

My husband wants to purchase a treadmill. I'm kind of sitting on the fence on this one. I'm not too fond of the treadmill (I think it's boring) but I'm sure it's one of the best pieces of equipment outhere. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I joined a running clinic back in October (at the running club) but I was too out of shape to keep up and I quit after only 3 sessions (there was 10 sessions in all). The concept of the clinic was to teach us how to run. The first week we were incouraged to gradually work up the run/walk ratio to 10/1. I was going to start by running 1 minute and walking 10 mins the first week, then run 2 mins and walk 9 mins the second, until I got to the goal of running 10 minutes straight, but the plan fell apart quickly.
I'm hoping that I'll be able to attempt this running in the spring (it's too cold for me out there right now). I'm not much of a winter person.

By the way what kind of cardio workout works best for you?

By the way, saw my Dr. last week. He suggests I exercise 2 hours a day/ 5 days a week. Not for me!