Old Tue, Feb-21-06, 10:04

Plan: undecided
Stats: 245/239.5/150 Female 5'3" or 5'4" not sure
BF:
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
MissB,

Cutting out the carbs will result in much lower triglycerides and the associated total cholesterol level. If you were low carbing when the blood was taken, then you had not fasted (which results in natural high triglycerides). Your HDL level is good and is heart protective.

Thanks for the reply Dodger. I was thinking that was the case, but why do I feel so ... lousy..?

After I posted, the doc gave me some blood-pressure meds which did not help, just made me feel worse. I stopped taking them at his recommendation. I didn't go back for a followup until recently (1 mo. later). I had started with Postassium, CoQ10 & Calcium/Magnesium supplements, which made me feel better (the swelling in my hands went down)...except that I had to go for a followup after 3 days of this last week, mostly because I felt my heart was pounding out of my chest, just going up a short flight of stairs, or even at rest! (It was so loud the noise kept me up at night).

I went back to the doc Friday, and he berated me of course. BP still high, and he gave me some medication (TOprol XL) that seems to have worked. I have some joint problems in my legs that make it difficult to get the excercise in when I have the opportunity (because of the pain). I'm too young for this!

I'm sure someone here has gone down this road, but I'm tearing my hair out over this.. I'm sure the stress of wondering whether one day I'll have a heart attack and die young doesn't help.

Really depressed,
MissBehave