#35   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-05, 15:34

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpionk
One of the doc's I work with in the Peds clinic, who I just asked for his opinon, told me 172 was high and was probably high because I was eating alot of fatty foods.

No, it's carb intake, fat intake, unless it's trans-fat has no impact on triglycerides. He may very well mean trans fat actually....does he know your plan? If not he may assume you eat as much as a "normal" ( ) person does!

Sounds like a doc I work with....he said I had to eat grains and I asked him why, what was in them that I couldn't get in other foods. His response was "I don't know....but everyone knows they're good for you". Now, I imagine he went and checked online after that....I would...but I don't know for sure....but he has NEVER brought up diet again....and has never mentioned my 40+ loss.

I am 51 yrs old. My last total was around 265, HDL in the 50's and LDL 192.

I had been on Lipitor and stopped because of nasty side effects and education. My doc told me that she'd want me back on it, but agreed to check levels first. because of my tri's and HDL "she decided" I didn't need it after all. On the Lipitor my total went down to 154, but my HDL went down to 28. When I first stopped the Lipitor my LDL went up faster than my HDL, and my total went up to 320, NOT on LC.