View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-17, 17:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/186.8/175 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default headaches, one month in? If this is a potassium shortage, how to fix?

Hi, I started low carbing about a month ago and was fortunate to enter ketosis right away (per the strips) and not to experience any "keto flu" symptoms at the time. But now, a month in, I'm feeling headachy and foggy, even on days when I'm eating a fair amount (always of very low carb food, of course.)

Like today, I had two eggs for breakfast; and we were at a restaurant for lunch, so I got a big scramble with eggs and fresh spinach and mushrooms and cheese, and drank plenty of water. I would have thought that would introduce plenty of salt and protein and fat, but I still just don't feel right. There's a tightness in my face and down into my teeth that just won't go away.

I run every morning and I take quite a lot of vitamins. I noticed potassium was missing from my vitamins, so I went out and got a bottle of supplements, but even though they say they have 99 mg per pill, that's apparently only 3% of the RDA? If that's true then how on earth am I supposed to get the right amount?

Anyone know if the headaches are a potassium thing, and if so how to solve it without eating starchy vegetables? I have a hard enough time losing weight without carbs, I really can't start eating bananas and yams, or I won't lose at all.
Sponsored Links