#146   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-18, 11:08

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
I think of the standards of care that are now part of the treatment protocol for physicians who are bound by insurers and the government to follow regardless of whether they are fact-based or improve health to any degree. This is the dynamic that requires us all to become extremely well informed in order to preserve health and resist recommendations based on faulty and weak science. Today, this dynamic and the requirement to stay informed applies to every facet of our lives.

It is a disheartening to understand that by following the doctor's orders you are often endangering your health except of course for those times when the doctor's orders are precisely what needs to be done. The best thing I did for myself was take the reins of my health care and figure things out for myself, not involving my doctor at all in the process. Not everyone is able to do this, for a variety of reason I suspect. Yet I am grateful for the treatment and care my granddaughter got. It was kind, compassionate and scientifically sound. In the future cancer care may not have to involve such brutal treatments but at least she is OK, for now and for a long time I hope. Negotiating the world of medicine can be a tricky thing.

Jean